Thread: Audio Books
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #70
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Can I bother you with some questions?
I'm new with audiobooks, I got them for overdrive and now started buying them from audible. I put the book on kindle, but I want to put it on mp3 player. It looks like I need Audible Manager for that, but I don't want to have two different programs for transfering audiobooks to same device. Is there a way to use only Windows Media Player for it?
Also the audible book is playing very fast. Is there a way to change speed?
I'm not exactly clear on what you're asking, but I'll take a shot:
In the past, there was a Windows Media Player filter for Audible, which let you play audiobooks in WMP, but I'm not sure if it also allowed you to sync the book to an audible-ready player. You can still find the filter with some googling, but I'm not sure what versions of stuff it still works with.

As for the speed of the playback, that's totally up to the player. The Audible android app has a speed setting. iPods have speed settings. You'll need to see if your player has a speed setting.

As others said, a device that lets you download and listen directly is the easiest solution by far.

Last edited by ApK; 02-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote