View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #7
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I have today (it changes all the time) 1875 "books" and 15 dictionaries on my kobos, for 1.72 Go, of which a fairly extensive reference library, which I dip into occasionally. I have complete works (kudos to Pynch's work in 3 languages), a lot of poetry, noir, science-fiction, children and YA, a lot of other fiction (novels and short stories), a lot of biographies, diaries, letters collections, various non-fiction. Only 134 of them I already read on a reader (plus 374 I read on paper only until now). I keep read books as comfort fare when really tired or in a hostile environment (like waiting rooms with a TV on), or as reference, or because a part of an on-going series.

I have virtual libraries on Calibre, and one is for archived books (not on the reader), some 3800, of which 740 I read on a reader or on paper.

Like davidfor, I read many more simultaneously than I did on paper. On paper, I did have a number read simultaneously, but that was usually in different genres and languages. Now that I have many more books than I will ever be able to read I dip into many new books, some that I like even quite far into it, but am often tempted away by new fare. But then, when I tire of what I have on hand, I find them again and read it to the end, though if too much time has passed, I must start at the beginning again. Those I feel I won't feel like reading in a foreseeable future I archive, those I dislike I mostly dump after a few pages - difficult if I paid for it.

@dnsb: I don't trust the cloud, but one of my brothers and I use each other as remote saving sites - he's a professional photographer, so this is more important for him than for me, but I feel more secure this way.

Last edited by anacreon; 12-07-2014 at 06:28 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote