View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I have more of a military/political leaning when it comes to action thrillers. Tom Clancy rates highly by me. Most of my other "spy" novelists are not popcorn-weight.

I have two authors that are lower-brow, call them guilty pleasures, but in the same vein -- Brad Thor and John Ringo. Ringo's 'Paladin of Shadows' sequence (starts with Ghost) is definitely popcorn-weight but only palatable if you can endure excess patriotism and invincible heroes.
Unless you have a very strong tolerance for kinky sex and BDSM you might want to start Ringo's series with the second book, Kildar. Ringo himself has repeatedly said that he wrote Ghost because he couldn't write anything else until it was finished and he had no intention of publishing it.

One can also try Ted Bell's Hawke books - which are also action/adventure with politics and an invincible hero.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote