View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #58
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Maybe renaming it to 'Toggle Highlighting of Misspelled Words' would make it more obvious. Its in Tools to make it easy to turn on/off. In preferences its a little more hidden. Its not on the context as it applies to all pages.
The name of the option is not the problem. I was confused, because all other settings can be accessed via the Preferences menu.
Currently there are only two options that can be toggled via menu options:

Format > Heading > Preserve Eexisting Attributes
Tool > Spellcheck > Highlight Misspelled Words

I'm not a software developer, but, IMHO, it would simply be more consistent and probably less confusing to put all options in a Preferences dialog box and use sub-menu entries only for commands.

Quote:
Glad its useful. Will look at this for the shortcuts as well.
Great! I'm sure you'll come up with a solution that'll make clips even more useful.

Quote:
A dedicated small caps button is probably out since it can be done in so many ways.
Since the paragraph alignment buttons insert inline code, e.g. <p style="text-align: center;">...</p> how about simply adding a Small Caps button that'll wrap the text in <span style="font-variant: small-caps;">...</span>. It would be up to the user to make sure to either embed a font that supports small caps and/or choose a display font with small caps support.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote