View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Yeah, it is weird. I did more words per minute, yet all of them aren't counted?

I wonder if it doesn't count words were I had to edit a few of them, or if it has an algorithm were it takes keystrokes and words into account? I guess it would be more fair, if a language has more short words than others, although I would expect the software to make an equal mix of 3-8 letter words for each language for fairness.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The way that it was calculated back when I took typing classes a few decades and some ago was to count 5 characters as "a word"...
Seems like you are right! I hit 451 words divided by 5 = 90 WPM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote