Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #440
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by richvalle View Post
I thought there was a place for this sort of thing but couldn't find it... if there is and someone can move it there please do.

I saw this book at the library about a year ago and while I remember the premise I can't remember the title or author.

Sci-fi. Takes place in a world where they are people with super powers and some of them are 'good guys' and some are the 'bad guys'. And then all the normal people that live around them.

The two sides have a huge fight and in the process manage to destroy the city around them (I think it was either L.A. or SanFran). The normal people have had enough and declare it illegal to use superpowers and create swat-like teams to take them out using whatever science can bring to bear.

Exploiting weaknesses normal people CAN take out 'supers' though the mortality rate is something like 80% on the swat teams.

Public opinion turns when the teams take out someone called Angel who's power was to be able to heal with a touch and she had wings (I think).

And that's what I remember. Anyone?

Thanks,

rv
No.. but sounds a bit like the Heros TV show.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote