View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #124
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by safjazz View Post
According to Pew Internet, 71% of 50 to 64 year-olds and 32% of those 65 and older use the Internet (in 2006). The report also says these users tend to be well-educated, which may mean they read for pleasure. Therefore, I hope that e-reader manufacturers AND publishers reach out more to the over 50s.
I think this is going to become more and more important, with the greying of the Boomers, and really help to promote e-book readers with the general population. Anyone producing, or preparing to produce, an e-book reader, should specifically be examining the needs of older populations and taking them into account in designing their features, accessibility, and ease of display adjustment.

If such an e-book reader was endorsed by, say, the AARP for its members, I think you'd see a serious demand building for readers. (Of course, most of those features would also make it attractive to other groups and all ages, but older users could be particularly targeted by promotions.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote