View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've started to research this problem again.

It is caused by Calibre. When converting the EPUB to AZW3, it adds in a cover image, or page, in front of the EPUB cover. That this has happened, is shown in the Calibre viewer. Page 1 and page 2 are both covers.

There is an option to "Remove the first image", in case the book has a cover that is not identified as a cover. However, the books that have this problem, have perfectly detectable covers:

- The cover image is named cover.jpg.
- The first page is named cover.xhtml.
- The title of the first page is "Cover"
- The cover image has it's semantics set to "Cover Image".

I assume that this would be enough hints for Calibre to actually detect the cover.

Still, it adds in extra covers; but not always. I cannot find out WHAT is causing Calibre to do this with some books, and not with others, and I am going completely ballistic.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote