Thread: Apple e-reader?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Would you really want Apple to get into the eInk business when they have such lackluster performance with the iBooks App?

I think the only benefit Apple could add to the eInk market would be creating a device that fully complies with ePub3 standards. However, eInk devices wouldn't handle the video aspects...so we are stuck with an eInk that would natively support ePub.

Although I would welcome the competition in the eInk market - I don't see Apple spending the money on that kind of developement when Amazon could do it with a software patch for their kindle...

Now, if you think we could get Apple to write an app that is fully ePub3 compliant that displays well (without quirky bugs) then that would be very interesting...but they had better hurry...The Marvin app is going to beat them to the punch and it's awesome!

Last edited by Turtle91; 01-27-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote