Thread: PRS-T1 Replacement battery?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Sony ServicesPlus listed price in USA is a little under USD70 (approx. EUR55).

Most USB charged modern devices use a USB charge controller in the device itself; I don't know about the T1. You are strictly on your own if you want to try a battery that is not a direct equivalent, and is not something that I would recommend trying at all with Li-Ion or Li-Poly batteries.

The battery should last years. A common mistake I see people referring to in forums, as if it is some form of superiority, is how long they can go between battery charges. In fact, to maximise battery life most battery chemistries, including Li-Ion/Li-Poly should be only shallowly discharged, and so frequent charging greatly increases life. Deep discharges will reduce battery life a lot compared to shallow discharges.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote