View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novasea View Post
As to playing in order...you may want to look at the tags..and tag and rename if you have to...then they should play in order.
I listen to audiobooks constantly..had a Creative Zen Micro which was GREAT for bookmarking. Now have a Sansa Fuze...no bookmarking..but it was what I could afford at the time.
I have both the Zen Micro and the Fuze, and prefer the Fuze for audiobooks. No worry about setting a bookmark, it always resumes all audiobooks and podcasts at exactly where I left off, whether or not it powers off automatically or I manually power it off. (If the Zen Micro automatically powers off due to inactivity, it loses its place, and you have to hope you set a recent bookmark.)

If your Fuze doesn't have perfect and effortless resume, then it could be due to one of the following:
1. Do you have the latest firmware installed? Very old versions may not resume properly.
2. Do you load your audiobooks in the "Audiobooks" folder? (Or alternatively, tag each audiobook file as genre "Audiobook"?) Similar for podcasts, store them in the "Podcasts" folder.

As I said in a post above, if your audiobooks have DRM, you therefore have to use a companion application to load the files and the license. In such cases (i.e., where you don't drag-and-drop directly to folder "Audiobooks"), you generally need to take steps to ensure the application loads the audiobook files in the player's folder "\Audiobooks".

The Fuze and the Zune are my favorite audiobook players. They both resume perfectly. The Fuze's advantage is optional fast playback, while the Zune's advantage is easy turn-on-and-play--it goes from off to playing the audiobook in two presses of the Play button.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote