View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #10
davlewis
davlewis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Kikar do you find the page change on the Kindle 2 to be any faster than the 505? Specifically, on the 505 that I looked at in a store today the page advance (or back) button changes the screen to black and then refreshes back to white with black text. I realize this is an effort to make sure there is no ghosting from a previous page. However, the speed of the transition on the 505 (at least in my limited playing in the store today) was very off putting. I wonder if the constant black flashes on each page change would end up bothering me, and I wondered if the Kindle 2 is any faster on the transition or if the black flash is as obvious on the Kindle 2 as on the 505?

I would obviously have to buy an eBook device and use it for a while, but my initial playing with it today was troubling.

I did load Calibre on my MacBook Pro and bought a few cheap books from Fictionwise and also grabbed some free classic (War of the Worlds for example) and brought them into Calibre to create an initial library. So far very impressed with this application.

Dave...
davlewis is offline   Reply With Quote