View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #33
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
One that almost took a tear from me... of anger that is, "Rendezvous with Rama" from Arthur C Clarke. The first tome starts well and ends after mostly nothing happens but enough to lure you into a second book, angering you further still. What a waste of time. Two smileys out of ten.

The other nine are in an other language that does not interest most of you and I won't go there.
Complety agree, all the back story just anayed me. the exploration parst of the books were pretty good but then there would be four chapters about

::spoiler::
whats her names youth and her relationship with the king, father, her dauther or the boy who cleaned her table at lunch one day in the summer of bla bla.

Rendezvous with Rama is still one of my favorite books though
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote