View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #22
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to disagree. The more Amazon makes exclusive deals, the better off we are NOT purchasing such. It's bad for eBooks to have any eBooks be exclusive to any one format. And if we allow this to continue, you'll have Amazon thinking it's ok. It's not ok. It's bad. And has to be stopped. If you want to help eBooks, do not purchase any eBooks from Amazon that are not also available elsewhere in other formats. of course, not purchasing a Kindle would help as well.
Wow ... I really disagree with that statement. No surprise in that, I guess. It's bad for reading in general that people have to pay a bookstore (or live near a library) in order to get access to books. All books should be absolutely free ... that's what's good for reading.

Oh, wait ... that's not very good for authors. No one would be paying them any royalties. So then authors wouldn't write and that wouldn't be good for reading.

Hmmmm .... and naturally Sony should not be able to have any books that are in a proprietary format either. No one should buy a Sony reader until they stop trying to make money .... it's not supposed to be a business, dammit!!

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote