View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #26
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
The TV being on wouldn't work for me, voices make it very difficult, at best, for me to read. Even background - which must be instrumental - must not draw too much attention to itself. Anything with voices is, for me, the opposite of white noise. It's something that competes for my attention, and I can't shut it out. Even if I'm not reading, I don't like going to a crowded place with lots of people talking.

I have had times when it is difficult to concentrate on my reading. Using a larger font can help, because I have to turn the page more. I get part of the text read and put behind me more quickly.

I've also tried reading while using text to speech, it forces me to pay attention to the text, and using two senses can help me focus.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote