View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I don't want to come across rude but I personally would be rather careful with making statements like that. Other than some people at Amazon, no-one knows the cost to manufacture a Kindle; all that we do know for certain is they sell them from $139US. By saying "Kindle and their kind" I assume you are referring to other sellers such as Kobo, B&N, Sony? Well whilst each of those have their own formats they support the epub standard, so buyers are not just locked into their stores.

I agree with others that have posted, talking negatively about the competition is not very professional, especially making blanket statements that everyone is losing money on their devices and making up for it by selling ebooks. Does Astak not have an ebookstore? Link a device in with ezread and become competitive then.
Well, apparently Astak is really looking forward to being sued by Amazon, because as a
matter of fact the statement is not only unprofessional but puts Astak in a dangerous position on a legal point of view. I was never a great fan of Robert, but he knew what he was doing / saying. Jenifer, if you have any sense, you should edit your post.

Last edited by aceflor; 01-13-2011 at 07:38 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote