View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You mean something like a DEC RP05 with the changeable disk packs

most of my computer mainboards are 10+ years old and other pieces ??
Brother MFC (workgroup class) printer: 10+ years (>50K pages printed)

HP color Inkjets all malfunctioned with very low page usage and were recycled. I replace them with a Brother Color Laser
Just about every disk has been upgraded (sometimes I used the old drive for Swap (VM) service)

I keep old working parts until I have nothing left that they can be used with (ISA bus anyone?, SCSI 1, 14 pin RAM )

Not Computers, but electronics still in service:
My Main speakers on both Home theater rigs were bought 1960's, early 70's
Turntable, (quad) Open reel tape: 70's
Laser player, FM Tuner: 80's
Now, that is hard core!
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote