View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Hmm, that's funny: I don't recall that not registering the ebook would not allow it to view any books. I could understand that if they were DRM books but these are obviously user created.

Anyway, enjoy your ebook and welcome!
Thanks. I got it working with the help of the ebooktech support. My files look great!

Here is the message they sent me. I did as they suggested and it worked. I guess I was missing a file or something:

"Below please find a ZIP archive.

Save this to your PC then "unzip" it -- this should leave you with a "OVERRIDE.PRF" file. Copy this file to the root (top level, "next to, but not inside" the EBOOKS folder) of a CF card.

Put the CF card in the device and turn it on -- it should show a message to the effect that "Preference overrides were installed."

Then, try to open your titles.

If this works, you should remove the card, and delete the "OVERRIDE.PRF" file -- it's one-time operation.

<OVERRIDE.PRF.zip>"

I'm so happy it's working. Really love it.

Still, I'm wondering two things. Some of the files were made with togoware album software and they were imported with only the tail end of their filenames intact so it's hard for me to see which album is which. What is the convention on file naming for the REB? Is the truncated file name a common thing?

Also, how do I register the device? I have the old RCA manual, but as I understand, those sites no longer exist, and I didn't find anything on the ebooktech main page about registering.

If you know...

Anyway, thanks for the help you guys. I'm saving that pesky prf file in case anyone else needs it.

Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote