View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #163
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Some time ago I asked if it would be possible to increase the font size in the F&R window or maybe bold it.

Has anyone given consideration to this?
Not seen any previous discussion on this, and my searching didn't find any either? To directly answer your question, no it hasn't come up in our discussions over what to put into 0.6. And to be honest I can't think of a single program out there that does give you control over the size of the F&R boxes or makes the F&R text bold?

The only thing I can say is that since the F&R dialog became anchored to the bottom of the screen in 0.5.x it has been very noticeable to me of the F&R no longer being at eye level (where I put F&R for every other application I use). Particularly with large screens as I have, which I find does make it much harder to read. And there is no doubt that if you are trying to replace some text it is all but impossible to identify a straight from a curly apostrophe etc in the font/size when down at the bottom of the screen.

I understand why the change was made and no doubt those with very small screens are grateful. Though I'm still not convinced about it but not had the spare bandwidth to investigate alternatives. For instance why not make the F&R panel dockable - people who want it where it is nowadays can leave it there, and people with larger screens who don't mind moving it to not cover up text and want it at eye level can do so?

It wont happen for 0.6 of course, but it is something I would campaign for change on to enhance it in such a way.