View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Am I the only one who has long since reached a state of "giant Who Cares" any time an announcement is made for yet another Android-based tablet?

What differentiates these devices, anyway? The only one I see benefitting are the guys at Google. How are manufacturers standing out? Whether I buy a Samsung tablet, or a Sony, or a Motorola, or a Lenovo, does it really make a difference (assuming they all run the same version)? How will Lenovo convince me to buy their tablets over the others? Why should I give a shit that they are even making one? All these guys are spending millions of dollars in making these devices, 90% of which will not sell in significant enough numbers to justify the expense and time.

So again - how is anyone other than Google benefitting from these slew of Android tablets?
You benefit as they make the products newer and better and even better.
I am enjoying this rush of products. I now see the Amazon-Lenovo shortage of the Lenovo A1s which delayed me from getting one as a blessing.

I would love to have the screens the Lenovo newest S200x are going to have. Maybe I should just sit on my credit card until Christmas or after Christmas to see what even newer and better products are coming.
IPS, LTPS, AMOLED.

Afa, all life is a blessing. Lots of toys only add to it.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote