View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hmmm. Wonder why I thought it was changing then. Shall experiment sometime.
It was changing due to the opf file.

Quote:
I dont want to turn off the opf files because then I lose all that lovely metadata I have so carefully prepared so all my parents have to do s add the books then plug in the kindle and send to it.
I use ePubs which embeds most all of the metadata I care about in the book when I save it to disk. What metadata isn't embedded in a mobi book when it is saved to disk? Is the OPF file really needed?

Quote:
They can tell which books are new from the on device column when they plug in the kindle but that relies on it being plugged in and also that all the books to date have been put on the kindle. Not the case when you have multiple with a Calibre library being shared.
As a work around under Preferences - Adding books you could have them set the Tags to apply when adding a book field to New.

Quote:
I actually had a 3hr train trip first and now waiting at departure gate for the hell of 23 hours flying to get back to London.
After this you'll need a vacation.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote