View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #37
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Issue of dictionary licensing doesn't make sense..first if that was the case they would not recall but just tell their stores to stop selling until they settle the issue. second, since they have already made the dictionaries public in their advertising and promotion, it is too late for Sony to change course. I would suspect in such circumstance they will continue with the sales and agree to a settlement with the publishers in compensation or simply go to arbitration if settlement is not possible. I mean, they just didn't decide to add those dictionaries without any consultation with the publishers. it would be a technical misunderstaning of sorts..
I suspect the firmware update or the warranty issue is the cause. if hardware was a problem there would be a recall notice as some are already sold and so far we haven't heard anything..
either way, looks like sony really made a mess of the launch and as a result we will have to wait longer to have our readers...
lev is offline   Reply With Quote