View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
tabbycat
tabbycat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Cool Newbie with a few questions...

I LOVE my new Sony Reader and so appreciate this forum with such wonderful information. I have yet to embark on learning about format conversions, etc. and wonder if someone might be able to give me a fairly simple answer to a few questions I have:

1. There are several titles I would like to purchase that are not available on Sony's book website. They are fiction and non fiction fairly new books. Any suggestions on where I might find them and how to download them (ie: what format??) I wish I had access to amazon as they have everything!!!

2. I live in a rural community which has yet to add e-books to their library system. I've read that I can join a library as an out of town member for a fee, but have found that I have to actually go to the library to join. Anyone familiar with a library where I wouldn't have to actually go in person? I'm Canadian....

3. Yesterday I added some new titles to my reader (after receiving my gift certificate from sony for $25 US). When I was finished loading, I pressed the little eject symbol that appeared beside the reader in the sony software but my reader still said "do not disconnect". Should I be doing something else before disconnecting? I didn't see an icon at the bottom of my screen to safely remove it...

Thank you again for the information on this site - it really helped me in making a great decision to buy the Sony PRS-505.
tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote