View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #412
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I was talking of MY experience using iPad, then iPad 2, then iPad 3 and the Galaxy Tab 10.1 - YMMV.

I think the Android OS is fine. It is MORE laggy for sure. And I have had more app crashes, OS restarts on Android than iOS. The apps are just really bad in comparison to what I have on the iPad that the main thing I use the Android tablet for is the LTE hotspot. For that it's fantastic.
What flavor of android are you running? I bet yours is old. Earlier versions of android are known to be more laggy, but as this OS has become more mature, that is less and less an issue. Moreover, Samsung's touch wiz interface is especially known to cause lagginess. Which is probably why your Tab 10.1 is laggy. You either have to use a launcher to overcome that, or switch to another tablet.

Quote:
These are just MY opinions. But given the massive disparity in usage statistics, apparently the Android devices are not used nearly as much as iOS devices by their users. I can understand why.
Huh? Can you give a link that supports that?

If someone is using their android tablet for reading and browsing the net, while they use their iPhone mainly for calls, I bet you they are using their android device much much more than their iPhone device. And vice versa. If someone has an android phone and an iPad used for reading, I bet they use their iPad much more than their android device. It all depends on what type of device each person has and what functions they are using it for rather than on the two different ecosystems and operating systems.

At this point, with the maturation of android, there is little difference between using a great variety of apps on either iOS or android. For example, apps like Kindle, B&N, Angry Birds, email etc etc -- all work more similarly than not on these two systems. When you use them, you really are oblivious to what operating system you're on. So the main differentiation to me all comes down to hardware, overall performance, the GUI, and of course price.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote