View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
I see nothing wrong with a person losing Internet access for proven piracy or copyright infringement, but not for nothing more than accusations of copyright breaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Agreed, as for other alleged civil offenses. But it wouldn't be reasonable to allow the defense that some other member of your household must have been the downloader. This is comparable to a parking ticket, where the owner of the car is presumed responsible for misuse of said vehicle.
The problem is that it's difficult, if not impossible, to deny internet access to one person without denying it to everyone else in the house. If I get a parking ticket, or a speeding ticket, I pay, and my wife and kids don't suffer for my crime. If my internet access is taken away for copyright infringement, then my wife and kids also lose their internet access.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote