View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpearl View Post
regarding#1: as you know, not all amazon ebooks display page numbers, but transferring them from within Calibre has resulted in 100% success in this area for me with mobi files, whether or not the amazon book natively has page numbers. But not so with azw3 on the paperwhite, thus far.

#2: trying to find calibre driver that enables sending page numbers. But given the fact that it transfers them with my mobi files, wouldn't that indicate that it's already on?

Lastly, this may all be a moot point because I tried reading with the PW last night...always in the wee hours with backlight on...and compared with my kindle Keyboard & kindle keyboard cover with light combo, the paperwhite had an annoying, purplish, unnatural glow -- not conducive to the fluid reading experience with the KKB.
Followup to my query: This has indeed become a moot point, as I've found the paperwhite uncomfortably unreadable at night (when I do most of my reading) -- that ghostly, spotty underlit fluorescence is distracting and not conducive for my personal reading experience; like staring at a diorama. The fluidity I enjoy with the kindle keyboard/lighted cover isn't there. Not by a longshot!

So back it goes...but a worthwhile experiment anyway.
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote