View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Won't send books after 0.9.5 update

I was excited when MTP support was added, and I could use calibre to send to my stock Nexus 7. It's worked great thru each upgrade -- until yesterday.

After upgrading to 0.9.5, now calibre won't send books. I watch the job search and find object after object after object. Somewhere around 96% complete and about 30 minutes, calibre finally errors out with the following:

calibre, version 0.9.5
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 167, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 139, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 130, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 33, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 414, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

I've rebooted my PC and my Nexus mutliple times yesterday and today, but continue to get the same error. FWIW, I noted that the metadata.calibre file in the root of my Nexus is dated 12/31/69. Don't know if that's of significance or not.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote