View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
This is a good discovery.

Just one note so as to not confuse folks these are not backup files. These are the original files and only created when a Same format to Same format conversion occurs. Preserving the original format in case the conversion does something you don't expect. If you try new conversion options this original format will be used, by default, as the source file for that conversion.

I might be picking nits, but I have found other folks referring to these as backups when this is not their purpose, intention or function. A regular backup of the library is still something folks need to do to ensure they can recover from a catastrophic loss.
I already knew most of that, but I have one question. Suppose I convert a.mobi to b.mobi and then i convert to c.mobi. Calibre will automatically use a.mobi to convert to c.mobi? Even if I intended for this to be a two-step conversion process? Is there any way to prevent this besides turning off the feature entirely?

@KovidGoyal: Thank you!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote