View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I had this problem. Try searching out all the various Sony preferences (look both in ~/Library/... and also in /System/Library/... (I'm afraid I don't remember exact directories, and I'm at my work PC right now [sigh]). Delete all the various preferences, then re-install. There is a thread somewhere in this topic that gives exact locations, though.

Fixed my problem.

I find it's generally best to use the Sony software ONLY for purchasing books from Sony. For all other interaction with my Sony Reader I use Calibre instead. It's faster, more reliable, provides more functionality, works better, etc. Overall, Calibre makes the Sony Library software look thoroughly pathetic, with two exceptions:
  1. Sony's graphic design is better. Calibre looks like it was designed by programmers.
  2. Sony's software can buy books from the Sony store. Calibre can't.
In all other ways, Calibre kicks their *ss!

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 06-24-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added note about Calibre.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote