View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Please, then tell me me where the Conservatory has moved to? Would people particpate in the same manner? I.e. would they feel it was a place for frank, open, serious discussion? I'm not sure.

What I donøt think you have noticed, is what I feel about this decision not being taken out in the open, with the people interested in, and engaged in, the Conservatory. The decision to close it was taken behind *locked doors*. That is what I am primarily opjecting against. That is what makes me (still) so angry.
Ea, i think Lycoming has really said it very well in his post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
Moderation on any website is a difficult balancing act. Part politician, part parent and a tiny tad of benign dictatorship.

Decisions such as the one taken by Alex are generally made for the benefit of the majority; as such the minority, although listened to and often understood, have to follow the line or march elsewhere. There are so many forums available where deep discussions may occur, this is, as stated previously, a mobile reading forum. Long may it continue.
Alex is doing what he can for the best of the whole community. he has a view of a lot of things which might not be so visible to an individual member. sometimes, he needs to make a decision taking into account what will be best for the community as a whole, and it's not possible to take a vote for everything. i think it's important to keep that in mind.

don't forget you still have the options of using thread prefixes and user groups to continue serious / no digression discussions. i am sure that you will be able to have the kind of discussion you are interested in. please first give it a try before giving up all hope. the discussions from the conservatory have been moved into the lounge ; you can see them there now if you select the "seriousness" prefixe as a filter.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote