View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:44 AM   #905
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Any idea about backups ?
You mean with your suggestion in the post before? No idea. The lack of response might have been because the post wasn't in a particularly good place for it. It would have been better either on the thread that discussed the backup script or a new thread. That thread did explain it.

Your dd command to backup the card will probably work. But, I don't know if the image it creates would be usable. It is an image of a disk that the OS was booted from, so there could be issues. The restore is more problematic. If you intend to do that without opening the device, it probably won't work. And it would be pointless. To run it, you would need a working device, to replace the rc5, or similar script, and start the device. Then restart it after rewriting the internal card. I'm not sure what the point would be and my feeling is that it wouldn't work. But, I am no expert of that sort of thing, so I could be wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote