View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #519
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
@NiLuJe: I added it to Komic but I didn't test it yet. If they improved the speed, this is going to be a huge plus!!!
Thanks a lot for your build and for sharing with me!

Calibration option is working and seems to be pretty solid.
I decided to make the user touch 3 times a popup box following some instructions.
Every touch stores the delay in time and space between mousedown & mouseup then Komic calculates the average.
The swipe gesture is then activated ONLY if the user is moving his finger on the screen for more than the time/space stored before (plus a 10% tolerance). Otherwise, the gesture is interpreted as a touch.
I tried it last evening and it seems to work fine.
Moreover, the user can re-calibrate the gesture detection engine to suit its needings.

I just need to play around with CSS (I hate it!) to make it nicer.

NEXT: JSON for bookmarks and options (to be honest, I wanted to move options in a separate db but I always get a security error: it seems I can't create db on client-side)
NEXT: jqgrid for bookmarks and deletions pages

V2.3 will be release in the near (hope so) future and, ATM, users will have to readd manually bookmarks and options as the JSON-thing is going to be a huge change.

PaperWhite support will still be last in my list as I can't really assure you anything about the compatibility.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote