View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #65
mccarrsw
mccarrsw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well I woke up this morning to this news:

"We’ve reviewed your account and Kindle purchase history and have decided to reactivate your Amazon.com account. I’m sorry for any inconvenience you had while your account wasn't available.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,"

This was after I essentially wrote a similar response to my previous post here, detailing the Kindles in my household and time frames.

In reply to some of the posts from overnight. I still have the faulty Kindle. A replacement was never shipped and a request to send the faulty one back was never received.

Basically, after dealing with customer support, I was told my case was being passed to sales to arrange all of that. But no communication from sales ever came. It was only after a week of silence that I realised i could no longer login to Amazon at all.

Course, it's still not clear what sparked any of this, or even what's solved it - beyond a little persistence.

I'm still going to visit a Carphone Warehouse store in the UK this weekend to see if they can help with the broken Kindle. I've got my Best Buy receipt and all these Amazon communications, and it feels like it would be better to speak to an actual person after all of this.
mccarrsw is offline   Reply With Quote