View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Euclid
Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 902
Exclamation how do I sync PB902 with calibre library via WiFi?

Hello. I just got my PocketBook pro 902 this week and, by reading posts here on MobileReads, I've gotten it to behave just like it should for how I use it. You guys are amazing. There is just one thing I can't figure out...

WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO:
I am using calibre to manage my eBook library and news feeds. Calibre works great with PB902 via USB cable. However, I got the PB902 because it has both configurability and WiFi, so I'd like to take advantage of this and figure out a way to get rid of the USB cable and make my PB902 work with calibre over my WiFi network.

WHAT I AM USING:
-PocketBook Pro 902 with firmware 2.0.4 (I'm not using 2.0.5 or 2.0.6 because both of these cause a page-forward-button-goes-to-next-chapter bug in fbreader180) and a manually-assigned (i.e., fixed) IP address on my network
-Windows XP Pro SP3
-calibre 0.7.59

WHAT I ENVISION:
-Wirelessly mapping my PB902's microSD as a network drive on my computer (à la "AirSharing"), then using a batch file to keep the SD contents identical to the calibre library folder on my computer (e.g., xxcopy)
Problem: My computer cannot find my device.
OR
-Using a Dropbox folder with calibre and pointing my PB902 to that folder for content.
Problem: No Dropbox app for PB902.

I've tried rsh.app with nc11nt, webdown.app, and calibre's "content server" features, but (assuming one of these might hold the key) I guess I didn't have enough know-how to make it work for me.

Is is possible to sync PB902 with calibre wirelessly via WiFi, or am I stuck with the cable?
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote