View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
If Facebook is your thing, the app market offers quite a few for the iPad. Several are top notch, and a few have no equivalent on a PC. I use three extensively, each with it's on strength or niche. I already mentioned Flipboard in my first post so I won't rehash it's strengths again.

If you are wanting an experience that closely matches that from a computer browser, my favorite, and probably the best of the bunch is 'Friendly'. For the most part this one won't make you learn a whole new interface. I do feel it's a little better thought-out than Facebook's website is (you can tell I'm no fan of their interface). They offer a free version, but hey... go ahead and spend the .99 and get the fully loaded version, it pays off in the long haul.

The third one I use a lot is 'Photofeed'. As it's name suggests, this app is for photos. You don't use it to read wall posts, messages or anything else. All you do with it is view images, but it makes viewing Facebook images so simple and easy it's the best way to go if image-viewing is what you have in mind. I personally never look at the images from the majority of people in my friends list. Why should I? There's very little in Facebook's interface to make you want to (again, I'm referring to their official website version). But with Photofeed, you actually want to look at people's images... even those folks you barely know!! You don't have all the clutter to get in the way of navigating around photo albums and the speed at which images pop-up full screen takes away the drudgery. The app also offers an option where it searches and displays images for you to view (it's choice). I don't normally use this option unless some dramatic image pops-up that demands my attention. I have been known to view entire photo albums because an image of interest was suggested by the app.

I can say beyond a doubt that these apps (or others) make the iPad the perfect device for any Facebook fanatic.

Last edited by pphilipp; 04-29-2011 at 09:25 AM.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote