View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They've averaged about 4 months between previous firmware upgrades. I don't think it's been 4 months since the last one yet, has it?

I'm certainly not particularly bothered about it, joking aside. The promised improvements, such as a folder view and better HTML support, all fall into my "would be nice to have" category rather than "must have". I bought the Gen3 to read MobiPocket books, and it has the best Mobi support of any eInk device, so I'm happy. To me, it's the books that are the most important thing, rather than the "bells and whistles" of the reader, nice though they may be to have.

I'm afraid they're "must haves" for me, for the following reasons.

1. I want my books to be in an popular, open source format, to allow transfer from one device to another, as needed in the future.

2. I want the format to be an uncompressed format, so if I see something I feel I need to tweak/fix, I can pop in with a file editor to fix it. I keep a hex file editor on my Windows machine just for this purpose.

and 3. I like to travel with my entire library to choose from, not just a subset that happens to fit on the machine.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote