Thread: Author Website
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have one for my series. I built it on my own servers with word press. I however do not sell on my website, and I typically recommend against it. Just make your "buy now" link to Amazon, B&N, or etc. That is a minor point though.

The big thing I would add to what Fashe said is the meta data on your site needs to be done well. Right now if you go to Google it is extremely easy to find my books. If you have book one and want to find out if I wrote anything else you could easily find it in Google via a search on title, author, or series. Word Press makes managing this meta data on your site a piece of cake. I have used Drupal, dotCMS and others and find WordPress is the easiest, IMO.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote