View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar View Post
Thanks for the email - I'll give it a try.

These two are just for /sdcard and /extsd: /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 , /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 .

It looks like Kobo has all system images on one device - internal SD card. If so, one can always disassemble Kobo, take out the card, make a full card image backup, and if anything goes wrong - copy the image back to the card.
I've been working up the nerve to do just that, but I'm worried about reassembly as I've heard the back is glued on, rather than held by snaps.

I mastered snaps at the age of 12. Glue is still my nemesis.

I know there's a unit at work with a peeling back that has to get returned anyway. Depending on how badly that one is peeling maybe I can grab the card and image it all.

If you decide to do it and make an image I've got a ton of hosting space, just PM me and I'll let you upload it to my web server.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote