View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcha View Post
Grief, there's been so much interest everywhere else, but Amazon's Kindle seems to have kindled no fires at Mobileread. As a fairly lo-tech kind of guy, I'm wondering whether my Iliad has been overtaken, what with the Kindle's ability to download so easily books on to the device.

I mean, look at: http://www.economist.com/business/di...ry_id=10164693

I really like my Iliad, except for the fact that UK authors' works are so hard to find as e-books. Will Amazon persuade me to forsake Irex? There's certainly no discussion I can find to help me here on Mobileread. Disappointing.
The Kindle was released on Monday. Some forum members have ordered the Kindle. You need to give them time to get it and time to play with it. Then we will get hands on reports on how the Kindle really is. Then once we get positive reviews/experiences, then I think you'll find more fire about the Kindle. This is a new device with new experiences since Amazon is doing things differently. Just give it time while others get their Kindles and have a chance to use it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote