View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #49
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Is the shape of the surgeon's skull even important to the story? If not, describing it with such an obscure word just seems like bad writing to me. I'm not saying that all words should be simple and easy, but why make your readers go to the dictionary to understand something like that? Bah, humbug! It's stuff like this that encourages readers to not even bother looking up words they don't understand.
I agree.
It makes you wonder; is the writer's purpose here to impress or to inform?

Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote