View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
As a programmer, I can say that rectangles are usually defined by the positions of the opposite corners in software. Using two fingers to simultaneously define a rectangle fits in naturally with that scheme, and is an obvious way to do it if the hardware supports it. In fact, I'd say that doing it any other way is non-intuitive (e.g. tap at one point to designate one corner, then drag another point to designate the other corner). The fact that someone can demand payment from anyone else implementing this is ridiculous to me. So, I'm in whole agreement with your last paragraph.
But then the idea of clicking a button to immediately buy something seems pretty obvious, and Amazon got a patent on that.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote