View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
You describe pretty well the USB and directory issues associated with very low battery charge. You might have a bad charger, but I presume you've been seeing that the charger makes the battery show full. If not, well either it's bad or it's plugged into an outlet that's switched off (Yes, I did that for a while, the switch on the wall turns off the bedside lamp and the outlet I put my wall wart in.) If it seems to charge up, but runs down really fast, you might plug a set of headphones into the headphone jack. If you hear sound, then the reader is wasting your battery making music you're not listening to. Stop the music and your battery life should improve dramatically. Several folks have experienced this "mysterious music" phenomena, but I don't think it's been fully characterized. I prevent it by deleting all music on my reader, but that's an extreme solution.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote