View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #137
Xachariah
Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Bebook
I see a lot of hate for the Hanlin V3, I've got the Bebook flashed with OpenInkpot and have absolutely no issues with it. I see a lot of people calling it 'cheap and plasticky' but its very solid and has a utilitarian form. I am a pragmatist and only buy things I need, not because they are flashy and shiny. I don't think it should be rated poorly solely because it doesn't have a tacky metallic finish.

Sure it doesn't have a dedicated bookstore or support for DRM, but I strip DRM off as a matter of course. Organisation is basically hierarchical folders and I have arranged those in a way that I can easily find whatever book I want in seconds, even with over 300 books. (Basically by authors alphabetically.)

Battery life is less than advertised, but I suppose that is because I read the books from the SD card, I'm led to understand the SD card drains power above and beyond the e-readers normal functions.

I have found the .pdf support somewhat lacking, and I am considering upgrading my e-reader. It's a lovely device in every way but I may need to use .pdf's a lot for final year of university in 2010.

How good is the iliad with PDF's? I'm attracted to the idea of a device that's decent with PDF's and still a good mobile formfactor for reading normal fiction .prc. But I'm considering having two devices, one mobile for normal books (perhaps my current Bebook) and a larger reader for PDF's, but that seem's a little akward and inefficient.

I'm strongly leaning towards the iliad as a catchall reader as opposed to having two interchangable, which seem's somewhat wasteful (no offense).
Xachariah is offline   Reply With Quote