View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
The daemon that lets you connect your ebookwise through usb to is eb1150. It is written in c++ by Mitch Reierson. If you know how to create packages for whatever distro you are using I don't see any reason why it couldn't be packaged. The version available here from the mobile read forums has been patched so that it would compile on ubuntu 8.04. If I remember right there was an issue with compiling for the newest version of ubuntu. The original Source Forge link is here. I tried to contact the original author to submit the patch but never got any kind of reply.

As far as linreb goes I don't think anyone uses that much anymore. The impserve program included in ebookutils from ashkulz is what I currently use as well as many others with both linux and windows computers. The wiki page has information about setting that up as well.

There is a meta package, build-essentials in ubuntu that should cover what is needed to build eb1150, at least I think that is what the name is. As for impserve its a python script and pretty much every linux install has python.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote