View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I see I missed something. I thought you were seeing a saved configuration that held over between library switches. That would be normal for the reasons I listed and could be solved by the two methods mentioned. (You are logged in as a user in Windows and *nix. Calibre keeps the configuration settings for each user separately, so if you log in as a different user, you get a different stored set of configs, which would have solved what I thought was your issue.)

Instead, you seem to be seeing a problem related to the fact that switching libraries via Preferences doesn't fully reinitialize the way that switching via the Wizard does. I'm still not sure what the problem is? I read where you wrote that "the columns selected change" but couldn't figure out what that meant. You also wrote that rebooting didn't help, but it's surprising that you can fix something with the Wizard that a reboot won't fix, unless you're saying it corrupts when switching via Preferences, and the reboot doesn't fix that
Frankly, I have no clue why anything works or doesn't, just when something works or doesn't. To (hopefully) better explain the problem... Library A has a Title, Author, Series, and custom column selected for display. Library B has (for now) a Title, Author and Series column selected for display. Using Preferences, switching from Library A to Library B works just fine. But when I switched back Library B, using Preferences, all I had was Title, Author, and Series. Title and Author had the correct content but the Series column was empty. Rebooting restored the missing content but I had to reselect which columns I wanted displayed.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote