View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #9
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcd View Post
I use http://web2fb2.net/ to create an epub from multiple pages. No download or login is required. Works great for wikipedia.
Tried it & it worked okay (Firefox, Mac.) Downside is that you have to convert one article at a time, and it doesn't strip out miscellaneous garbage. OTOH, it does convert files that IP seems to be having trouble with right now.

IP's download is transparent, so that you can designate an application to open the file immediately - Sony Library, for instance, or calibre or Stanza. As for the login, you do it once, and unless you close the web browser, it's not an issue. In fact, I just tell Firefox to remember my login & it does it for me automagically - so in effect, there's no login after the first one.

On the whole, IP is much easier if you have more than a couple of files, but the link you posted is going into my bookmark file for files IP is being stubborn about...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote