View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

And as noted above, this wouldn't work if there was no internet connection, as the tablet wouldn't receive the updated index across the cloud and know to update the local version over wifi.

Graham
Right, the tablet would need to touch base with DropBox to know it should sync, then it will sync locally as per the page I linked/quoted above.

So in summary, so long as it can check home base, DropBox will sync, and keep files in sync via the local network on all OSs. The only weakness (and I agree on this hiccup, but accept it as price of entry) is the need to check home for directions on what to do.

I use it, and it works great for me. When I am at home my tablet (which is wifi only) syncs up everything and when I arrive where I am speaking my tablet has what i need on it, regardless of internet connection.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote