View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmix View Post
1: All view and font related settings are retained per book, the "Page Mode" should be retained. Spec or not, it's inconsistent programming.
It would have been nicer if there was an optional setting to retain or not. Personally, it does not bother me.

Quote:
3: The Zoom setting was not being retained as claimed in the manual, yesterday I had the Reader crash while loading a PDF manual, and I needed to press the reset button.
Now the setting is indeed retained, but the persistent "UNLOCK" graphic is obnoxious. Bad programming.
Yup, they could have made it smaller. But, Sony may have wanted to keep it more visible and obvious.

Quote:
4: Pressing "sort" then "by File Name" does NOT display the name of the file, but only the embedded name of the PDF. For example, an article saved as a PDF from my browser, named with the title of the article when saved, will appear "Untitled" in Reader. The same files display properly when loaded on the Kindle 3.
All books downloaded from "Talebooks.com" will display this way no matter what you have named the file.
Bad programming.
Please check again. The second line under the thumbnail is actually a file name. Using your example, the first line will show 'Untitled' while the second line will show the title of the article as you saved.