View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Open a ticket and attach the file that the metadata is not being read from. I'll look into why it's not working correctly. It is one of three things. 1) regression in the metadata reader. 2) Dropbook has changed how it sets the metadata. 3) There is no metadata in the PDB itself and eReader desktop is reading it from the PML inside the file (calibre does not support this).

PML metadata reading has been added. WayneD contributed the core part that I didn't want to deal with. A set of regex's to read it from the PML. I took that, turned it into a metadata plugin, and added support for extracting the content from the a pmlz archive.

eReader PDB files should have the meatadata read from them. However, eReader PDB files will only have the metadata read from the metadata section of eReader PDB file not from the PML within the file. I'm toying with the idea of having the metadata read from the PML within the file if it cannot be read from the metadata section. However, I'm hesitant to implement this because it would require the entire file to be decompressed which could be slow. Though it shouldn't be much if any slower than reading from pmlz... What are your thoughts on this macr0t0r?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote