View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #29
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
I saw it in both the regular format (not IMAX) and in the 48 FPS HFR 3D. I preferred the regular format, even though I'm usually gung ho for 3D and IMAX and any other techie toys that can be dragged forth. There was something almost video game fake in some of the scenes in the 3D version, enough so that it took me out of the story. I was watching the effects unfold and questioning the gimmick instead of reveling in the beautiful scenery (and BenG's dwarvish eye candy!). Also, the glasses for this one were extremely uncomfortable for me, and rather small (compared to the wonderful ones provided for Avatar).

When the next one comes out, I'll go with the regular format or IMAX, but probably not bother with the 3D.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote